Wednesday, December 21, 2022

My Photo Class at Trinity Washington University

Field Trip to the Basilica of the Immaculate Conception



Teaching is a great gift. It allows me to share my passion for photography and show how the lessons of photography can be applied one’s work habits and career goals.  This is my 8th year as an adjunct professor at Trinity Washington University.  The Digital Photography class is an elective and non-major course. The class is limited to 12 students, which is good for both students and me.  Students use the cameras that they have, usual the camera on their phones.  In the class we stress the basics, understanding light, composition, and catching the moment.  It is amazing to see each assignment and the wonderful images each student makes.  While most don’t go on to a photography career, they do gain an appreciation for photography and valuable career skills.  
Class with Sharon Farmer

I am thankful to @sharonfarmer for giving another voice to my classes.  She shares her love of photography and another perspective.  And the students loves her!

No comments: