|Elite Sports Camp|
- How many hours do you is your event and the time that you need the photographer on location? Your budget and photographer's pricing seems to be a negotiated activity. Determine what needs coverage. Some photographers charge on an hourly basis, plus a post-production fee. This fee is for the time and expertise needed for the photographer to edit, adjust, size and download the images from the event. Each image needs this added work for your best results. Any photographer worth their reputation shoots many images of each situation at your event in order to get that optimum image and to give you options.
Ambassador of the Slovak Republic
The Potomac Exchange Luncheon
- Will the photographer charge a project price? Just make sure you both understand the expectations of time, what needs to be photographed, the outcome of images and situations required, plus what usage rights will you receive?
- US Copyright law confers copyright to the originator of the work, even if a client commissions it. Photographers can choose to charge a usage fee for images published beyond a basic agreement (usage and duration). Figure out your plans for the final usage of the work. (Press releases, company website, social media, collateral publications (print or web or PDF), marketing or advertising.). You can do a work for hire but standard practice for work for hire agreement is a higher price. Most event photographers will provide unlimited use for editorial and public relations work. Best idea is negotiate for what you actually need to keep within your budget.
Building Opening Ceremony
The Middle East Institute
- Other items to discuss is additional request for work or coverage beyond the basic agreement. How will items be billed? What are the extras? If it is a long day, will the client take care of a meal? Does the photographer need an assistant? Do you need another photographer? (Your main photographer has people you can trust. Please ask. If your event is in a different city, talk to your about travel. Often times you want to work with someone you know and trust.
- Digital Photography is instant but when photographing an event, your photographer needs time to go through the images--download, edit, adjust, and upload the finished images--this takes time. Figure out what you need and when you need it. If you need a specific situation, the photo can be ready in minutes for social medial. However, the bulk of the work needs time. Discuss your requirements with your photographer.
Senator Chris Van Holland
The Consular Corps College Gala
- Many clients will prepare a show flow of the event for the photographer. In this spreadsheet is a time line of the event. The time of each specific photo activity that includes the time, room location, activity to be photographed, and contact person, images desired. Also, a list and if possible a headshot of VIPs at the event. It is important to know so that the photographer can get those spontaneous images of your important people throughout the event.
- Price and Value-------An experienced event photographer might cost a bit more, but as they say "you get what you pay for." Define your budget and your needs, hire the best you can afford. Remember the adage, "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional, wait until you hire an amateur."
For more information or discuss upcoming events please contact via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Laurence L. Levin Photography
Events and Portraits
An experienced documentary event photographer
Providing Images the help to brand your event, organization, participants and your people.
Working with corporate, associations, charities, NGOs, film productions and friends to create memorable pictures.